Immunoassay Surfaces Variants
Diagnosis of disease, pregnancy or verification of doping substances – many analyses in the modern laboratory are performed with immunological assays in microplates. They are characterized by their high specificity and provide the opportunity to detect the lowest concentrations of defined substances in complex liquids, such as blood serum.
BRANDplates® microplates for immunoassays are available in three surfaces with different affinities to different types of molecules. The BRANDplates® microplates are suitable for a broad section of applications like ELSIA, RIA, FIA, etc.immunoGrade™ Optimized for the immobilization of IgG
- Optimized for the immobilization of IgG, offering highest binding capacity for molecules with mixed hydrophilic and hydrophobic regions.
- The surface of choice for the majority of standard ELISAs.
- Suitable for solid phase immunoassays.
- Comparable to ‘high-binding’ plates from other manufacturers.
- Strongly hydrophilic, with high affinity to hydrophilic molecules, such as glycoproteins and peptides, antibodies with predominantly hydrophilic regions, and nucleic acids.
- An alternative to the immunoGrade™ surface when performing solid phase assays.
- Alternative for homogeneous assays with hydrophobic molecules that remain in solution.
- Strongly hydrophobic (lipophilic), for immobilization of biomolecules with predominantly hydrophobic regions.
- An alternative to the immunoGrade™ surface for the immobilization of molecules such as lipoproteins or peptides.
- Specially suited for liquid phase assays when the reaction component should stay in solution. The majority of hydrophilic biomolecules are not immobilized on this surface.
Colors, Wells and Shapes
- 96- and 384-well formats
- Standard or transparent bottom
- Transparent, white or black
- Different bottom shapes: U-, V-, F-, C-bottom for 96-well format
- Modification via a physical-chemical process, good shelf life at room temperature
- Clearly distinguishable through the color code: blue em-bossed alphanumeric coding for 96-well standard plates
- Free from endotoxins, DNase, DNA, RNase; non-cytotoxic
|Surface||Hydrophilic & hydrophobic regions||Strongly hydrophilic||Strongly lipophilic/hydrophobic|
|Feature||Optimized for immobilization of IgG & molecules with hydrophilic & hydrophobic regions||Binds biomolecules with predominantly hydrophilic regions||Binds biomolecules with predominantly hydrophobic regions|
|Application||Standard ELISA plate||Solid phase with hydrophilic molecules; liquid phase with hydrophobic molecules||Solid phase with hydrophobic molecules; liquid phase with hydrophilic molecules|